If you ask most jobseekers, writing cover letters is usually not anyone’s favorite task. Nonetheless, these documents are an important part of moving along in the hiring process. To help you get the ball rolling, check out our personal financial advisor cover letter example and associated dos and don’ts.
- Do keep it genuine. Forcing your letter to conform to a strict template may rob your writing of an honest tone.
- Don’t use tired clichÃ©s. Vivid, original descriptions of your qualifications will always read better than overused or generic finance industry buzzwords.
- Do edit and revise carefully. Even the best writers can miss an error occasionally. Be sure to reread your finished letter one last time with fresh eyes before sending it off, and/or have a friend read it over for you.
- Don’t drone on and on. It’s a safe bet that a coherent, concise, half-page letter will be more pleasing to a hiring manager than a lengthier document.
Personal Financial Advisor Advice
Are you a financial expert who enjoys helping people improve their financial lives? These cover letter examples are meant to help personal financial advisor job candidates build better cover letters , so they can get hired sooner. Click on any of the cover letter examples below to review, then move on to create your own cover letter, using the sample content as a guide. Get started today and take the next step forward in your career!
Cover Letter Tips for Personal Financial Advisor
Finding jobs as a Personal Financial Advisor is a process that can be significantly simplified by having the right mindset and taking action. These tips can help you strategize.
1. Make a job-searching plan. You may feel the need to frantically begin sending out as many applications as possible, but taking the time to set goals and deadlines for yourself will make the tasks more achievable.
2. Build an online presence. Make use of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. These websites can help you network and will also allow your cover letter to be accessible to potential employers.
3. Keep an open mind. Don’t forget that in the mean time, you can always get a temp position or part-time work to make ends meet while you are searching for the next step in your long-term career.
4. Keep up with networking. Reach out to personal and professional contacts that could offer you sound advice on the field or industry you are hoping to work in. You never know where your next lead could come from.
5. Stay positive. Perhaps most importantly, a positive mindset can help you think clearly and take the pressure off of what could be a very rewarding process.
Personal Financial Advisor Job Seeking Tips
When looking for jobs as a Personal Financial Advisor, keep in mind your cover letter can help you make a great first impression on a potential employer. Keep your cover letter in top shape with the following do’s and don’ts.
1. Do use bullets for listing items and align the text flush left. Following these formatting tips will make your cover letter clearer and more readable.
2. Do not exceed two pages in writing. Unless you are a doctor or academic who may be using curricula vitae (CVs), there is no need to write more than two pages.
3. Do not use generic language. Overly-used words and phrases such as great” and dedicated worker” won’t carry much weight in your writing and should be avoided.
4. Do create a Summary of Skills section” before the work history section. Doing so will provide your reader with an overview of your specific qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following suggested order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
Investment Advisor Cover Letter
Investment Advisor Cover Letter is a carefully compiled introduction to the job application of an investment advisor. Investment Advisors need to possess a wide range of skills and these abilities need to be effectively presented in the cover letter and the resume. A proficient investment advisor possesses a good combination of technical and interpersonal skills. Patience and good listening abilities are of paramount importance as they help him understand the requirements of the clients and their financial status. He then has to combine this understanding with his adept and updated knowledge of the financial world to provide advice on the available investment alternatives. This requires working out details of numerous investment plans and presenting them to the clients.
An investment advisor needs to possess an excellent know how of the legal and technical aspects of the financial world. This ensures that the investments are made in accordance with existing laws and standards. Another important requirement for an investment advisor is his familiarity with all related documents. This helps the advisor to corroborate information related to his potential clients and the companies / entities that he regards to be good investment options. Confirmation is an important task in this discipline to ensure that investors are not cheated.
Investment Advisor Cover Letter needs to effectively present all these in a short and sweet manner. The language of cover letters needs to be professional with a gentle persuasive tone. The objective of cover letter viz. impressing the recruiter and directing him to the resume has to be served. Another consideration is the combination of the cover letter with the resume to produce a coherent and synchronized job application.
Here is an example of investment advisor cover letter:
December 16, 2011
300 Chambers Street,
New York, NY 10282
Chief Financial Advisor,
Reliable Financial Consultants,
400 Pearl Street,
New York, NY 10038
Dear Mr. Philips,
This is with reference to your advertisement in "The New York Times", dated December 10, 2011, inviting applications for the position of an investment / financial advisor in your reputed organization. I hereby submit my application for the said position. I am qualified for appointment as an investment advisor in your organization as per the conditions of eligibility mentioned in your advertisement. I have over seven years experience as an investment advisor and I am looking to work with a major and diversified organization like yours.
I have a bachelor's degree in economics followed by an MBA in finance. These qualifications provide me with a clear idea of the nature of this line of work. I am a patient listener that helps me to understand the requirements of the clients. Based on their needs and financial status, I then present them with various investment options like direct investments, mutual funds, retirement and pension plans, real estate investment etc. I have good knowledge of the financial world, which I update continuously. I am more than familiar with all the documents like financial statements, audit reports, bank statements, tax return documents, insurance policy papers etc. associated with this discipline.
I have worked with a whole array of clients ranging from retail investors to those investing huge sums and I am comfortable with all these. I have a good grasp over the provisions of various relevant financial laws and regulations. More than anything else, I have a passion for providing the correct advice and I have been voluntarily awarded certificates of excellence by three of my clients. It will be a pleasure to work with a financial service giant like you. I have attached my resume with this cover letter. You can contact me on the telephone number or the email address mentioned above.
(Jules Dent) Enclosure: Resume
Investment Advisor Cover Letter needs to bring out the skills of the candidate in being able to understand the needs of his clients and direct them towards compatible investment options through application of his vast and updated knowledge of the financial world.