Accounting and Finance Job Seeking Tips
When you’re looking for jobs in Accounting and Finance, your cover letter distinguishes you from other applicants. Create a cover letter that makes a positive impression with the do’s and don’ts tips below.
1. Consider replacing the Objective Statement because most recruiters and employers don’t read them. Instead add a headline that states the position you want or include a brand statement that briefly tells how you can benefit the employer.
2. Avoid using nicknames because they make you look less professional. However, if you are well known by that name, listing it on the cover letter is acceptable.
3. Make sure your permanent address is listed. If you’re a college student you can include both your permanent address and college address.
4. Keep the cover letter highly focused. In a quick six second glance the reader should know exactly what position you want and the qualifications you offer employers in jobs in Accounting and Finance.
5. Many companies screen cover letters using keyword-searchable software. Make sure your cover letter includes keywords that are specific to the job you’re seeking. If you don’t include them, your cover letter may be overlooked.
4/12 Milan Ave
Victor Harbour SA 5211
M: 0400 222 333
Dear Sir or Madam
Re: Graduate Accountant position
I am writing to apply for the advertised Graduate Accountant position. I am a recent Bachelor of Commerce graduate with a major in Accounting, seeking the opportunity to implement my knowledge and skills and make a contribution to your organisation.
I have experience in all of the areas encompassed by this role through both work and study, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank account reconciliations, statutory account preparation and tax compliance, including BAS, GST, payroll tax and budgets.
In addition, I bring a wealth of other essential skills and qualities that I have developed through study and various work experience: teamwork and communication, time management, attention to detail, presentation skills, customer service and the ability to meet deadlines.
During my university studies I demonstrated my ability and energy in maintaining accounting-related employment while studying full time. I believe that with my positive attitude and strong work ethic, I would be a great fit for the advertised position.
You will find me to be a positive, motivated and hard-working person who is keen to learn and contribute. Given the opportunity, I would apply myself with enthusiasm to all tasks, ensuring that I get the job done accurately and efficiently.
My resume is attached, and I look forward to being able to discuss the position with you further.